Creativity is key to getting noticed in the digital world, so this week we want to talk about why you need to be part of the content creation game. We’ll also explore some artistic marketing approaches and tools that anyone can use – even if you can hardly draw a stick figure.
- If you’re having trouble getting your business’s Facebook page updates seen, it might be because Facebook is now placing less emphasis on status updates. Original content, and especially videos, are now the strongest performers in facebook news feeds, says Chad Wittman of Moz.com. That means it’s a great time to try your hand at making a video, writing an article, or creating an infographic.
- Of course, finding ideas for original content can be hard. Jane Porter’s article about 5 authors who overcame their creative blocks offers some great insights into finding inspiration for any creative endeavor.
- Sharing infographics on your website and social media can be a great way to keep your customers and prospects informed and intrigued. For instance, realtors might want to share infographics such as this one that demonstrates how much cheaper owning a home is versus renting. You can even make your own by using a free infographic maker like Piktochart.
- Colourco.de is a great tool for creating color palettes that you can use for designing images, painting homes, or interior decorating. Automatically generate complementary color schemes and save them to share with colleagues and customers. And how great would a Pinterest board built around a gorgeous color scheme be?
- Finding new ways to link your online and offline advertising can also help you stand out. But how do you incorporate online advertising with postcard mailings? We discuss some creative approaches to integrating your marketing efforts to get more sales.
Original content can help you stand out from the competition and grow your sales (or at least add a little color to your advertising). Have a favorite tool, generator, or creative strategy? Let us know in the comments. And make sure to check back next week for more, or follow us on facebook.